The cathedral in barcelonas gothic quarter was named for the patron saint of barcelona saint eulalia the official catalan name catedral de la santa creu i santa eulalia means cathedral of the holy cross and saint eulalia the commonly used name la seu cathedral refers to the status of the church as the seat of the diocese. Catedral de barcelona barcelona cathedral is ranked 8 out of 13 things to do in barcelona see pictures and our review of catedral de barcelona barcelona cathedral. Construction began in 1298 the cathedral faces onto the plaa de la seu in the center of the barri gtic area of the old city and is surrounded by other remnants of barcelonas past notably some roman remains and various medieval structures the main facade is dominated by the massive main door and the central spire oddly sited the spire is placed to the front of the building instead
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.